Thursday, July 19, 2007

It's been a few days...

All I can say to even try to excuse myself from my lack of blogginess is that work is madness at the moment and I've really been feeling the stress. Publishing has 2 levels, thumb-twittling and die-hard. Right now, we're in die-hard. Plus 10. Times infinity. The GOOD news is that today we got some of the load taken off our backs FINALLY after months of pleading and trying to explain the impossible nature of the task that has been handed to us in the amount of time that is allotted. So that's a bit of a weight being lifted.

AND I'm leavin' on a jet plane heading to the beach on Sunday!!! I am in dire need of some sun and relaxing...possibly a bloody mary or 2. I also get to see the family and hang with them for a few days, which is always nice!

Whislt I've been busy not blogging, I managed to make a few new goodies that are ripe for the purchasing in my shop. The one above is quickly becoming a personal favorite. The pendant is recycled from a necklace that my friend gave me when she was purging some old jewelry and thought I might be able to reinvent it. And so I did! And I adore it. It's so simple and fun and...yes...whimsical. I hope someone out there gives it a good home. (I've named the ladybug Layla...it's a weird quirk I've had since I was little...I feel the need to name things. Especially things that look like animals...or insects, as it were.) You can rename her when you buy her, if you wish. My feelings won't be hurt. I can't speak for Layla though, she's sensitive.

Anywho...I also made this little gem with these DEE-LIGHTFUL little robin's egg beads I came across on etsy. It's so beautiful and if a necklace can be breezy, then that's just what this is! Check it out in the shizz-op!

Other than all the work and creating, the boy and I managed to find a new bar/restaurant that I'm very intrigued by. It appears to be owned and operated by a group of about 7 or 8 friends roughly my age, possbily a bit younger, who have decided to just serve great beer and food for ridiculously cheap and have a classic video game chill out room in the back. Now, you're thinking..."That's rad! Where do I sign??" And yes, it is extremely rad (can I pull off "rad?"..hmmm...perhaps not) At any rate, great beer: CHECK! great food: CHECK! but the staff seem far more interested in hanging out than actually running a serious business. They are uber-nice, but no one was manning the front of the restaurant, the chef rotated between cooking and playing a game of chess in the front near us (granted, it wasn't terribly busy) and our waitress, while sweet and not a screw up, had clearly never waited tables before.

I hope they can pull it together because I think they're on to something great. I mean, I played Guitar Hero with the manager last night!! That's pretty kick-ass!

Well, I suppose I've taken up enough of your time this evening. Sweet dreams blogland!!

No comments: